Horn flare sound deadening
Got both cabinets sprayed with the foam gap sealer. The first one was the steep portion of the learning curve, but this one came out pretty even. There's definitely a noticeable difference when you rap the front side of the flare. Now it's more of a thud than a hollow sound....
http://www.hostboard.com/forums/hbmc...2012/03/23.jpg
Re: Horn flare sound deadening
Quote:
Originally Posted by
analog addict
Got both cabinets sprayed with the foam gap sealer. The first one was the steep portion of the learning curve, but this one came out pretty even. There's definitely a noticeable difference when you rap the front side of the flare. Now it's more of a thud than a hollow sound....
http://www.hostboard.com/forums/hbmc...2012/03/23.jpg
I am vaguely reminded of an old girlfriend and a lotta redi-whip.:o
Re: Horn flare sound deadening
When I pulled the speakers out of mine, they were stuck to the cork gasket and I almost ripped them off yanking them out. How do you solve this problem; a ring of wax paper, or a smear of vasoline?
Re: Horn flare sound deadening
Quote:
Originally Posted by
bowtie427ss
I am vaguely reminded of an old girlfriend and a lotta redi-whip.:o
Well, I'm sure it don't taste as good, but it is nice and light, probably adding less than a pound to each speaker.
One of the things I'm trying to keep in mind is the amount of "unsprung" weight I'm adding to these boxes. I still have some structural additions to make....